Thursday 15 November 2012

Grandma’s Coconut Cake

 

I cannot do a usual review of this deliciously amazing cake, 2012-11-12 10.57.48because I have not managed to snaffle my Grandma’s recipe from her!

I mentioned in a previous blog that I am very very lucky, and more often than not I come back to Birmingham from Rugby with another sweet delectable goody, and this visit home was no different.

I had the sheer delight of coming back to my Brummy home with a golden, sweet, moist, moorish Coconut Cake. YUM!

Basically, this gorgeous cake of joy is a light soft coconut sponge cake, topped with a thick toasted desiccated coconut crust. It reminds me very much of a lovechild between a sponge cake and a macaroon. Absolutely delicious!

If only you could eat this cake with your eyes off this computer screen! This is a slab of heavenly coconut cake with ice cream and toffee sauce. One of my favourite ways of eating it!

20121114_175618

No comments:

Post a Comment