Background: A new store “The Range” has opened in good ol’ Rugby, so we went there for a general Sunday mooch, and consequently had a coffee in their cafe.
What: Carrot Cake (Cake of the Day)
Where: The Range, Rugby store
How Much?: I got it for £3.25 on offer with a tea for one. But the cake itself would have been £2.40 (pricey!)
What was Good:
- It was a carrot cake! If you remember my previous blog posts you will remember my passion for this particular nommable!
- It was a light and airy cake
- It had a nice sweet cream cheese frosting
- It had delicious crunchy chopped walnuts to garnish it
- I liked very much that it had an ooey gooey filling! Even if it was the same as the topping..
What was Bad:
- Being pre-sliced, it was a starting to go a bit dry on the edges
- The cream cheese frosting was not as nice as Jamie Oliver’s recipe from my previous blog
- It was expensive for what it was!
- It was not as flavoursome as my delicious cake of perfection I made previously either! It did not taste as though it had as much spice.
Would I go here again? For cake? No, too expensive! For general house/craft/hobby purchases? YES!
DO BULLET POINTS LOOK BETTER THAN LONG PARAGRAPHS OF TEXT? IF YES/NO POST ON THE OFFICIAL FB PAGE PLEASE