Background: Any shift Hannah and I work together usually has a period of time dedicated to chatting about pudding, baking, Mary Berry or Paul Hollywood (The Silver Fox). So whenever Hannah tells me about a delicious pudding/cake/dessert she has made, I always ask her if she would like to write a guest blog post! And I must admit, I really really want to eat this cheesecake!!
What: Lemon Cheesecake on a Ginger Crust
- 100 grams Gingernut Biscuits
- 50 grams Butter melted
- 500 grams Mascarpone Cheese
- 325 grams Lemon Curd
- 1 Lemon juice
- Blueberries fresh for decorating
- Raspberries fresh for decorating
- Grease and base line with parchment a 20cm loose bottom cake tin.
- Crush biscuits and Mix with the butter in a bowl, then press into the base of the tin (but not up the sides)
- Put the mascarpone, lemon curd, and lemon juice in a bowl and beat with a spatula until smooth.
- Spoon on to the biscuit base and level the top.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours and up to 24 hours to firm up. To serve, remove the cheesecake from the tin, peel off the baking parchement, and arrange on a platter. Decorate with the fruit and dust with icing sugar.
What was Good: It's incredibly easy to make and tastes amazing
What was Bad: I would definitely use more biscuits because I like a thicker base
Would I Make It Again: Definitely make again!